We are inviting nominations for the 2023 Robert K. Merton Award. The prize will be presented at the 15th Annual Conference of the International Network for Analytical Sociologists (INAS) on June 8 & 9 2023 in Princeton, USA.
Nominations, including self-nominations, are encouraged for papers on any topic related to analytical sociology, published in print (or online for online-only journals) during 2021 and 2022.
Papers displaying the following merits will be particularly appreciated:
- Provides insight into a process or mechanism;
- Links empirical problems and research to theoretical models;
- Connects different levels of analysis;
- Discusses scope conditions and generalization;
- Has a thoughtful and careful research design;
- Uses innovative and transparent methodological procedures;
- Displays clarity in writing style.
Please send a copy of the nominated paper, together with a brief motivation to
the committee chair at
Nominations for the 2023 award are accepted until April 15, 2023.
We look forward to receiving your nominations,
The Award Committee
- Elizabeth Bruch (chair)
- Ozan Aksoy
- Martin Arvidsson
- Amir Goldberg